Hi, you. I'm Carol.
This is my online journal about my life.
I usually write when in rumination.
Hi, you. I'm Carol.
This is my online journal about my life.
I usually write when in rumination.
| |
Wednesday, September 30, 2026 @ 1:54 PM There is now way in my period of life that the "future me" of this blog would revisit some of the old writings. Isn't life such a silly thing, to think about? That somewhere on the spectrum of time, my younger self was wondering what my future self was up to. And, to think this future me knows the answer to all of her old wanderings about life and how much of tales she'd be telling. First of all, to update her on the most exciting news (I think she'd be thrilled the most about this as a hopeless romantic), is that I am already 1 year married. Oh, to think that I would be marrying someone at such a young age of 26 years old, she'd be shocked! We were thinking of marrying up around the age of 28 or 29 years old. Although, I would say I went through a whole lot of things through the relationships and learned so much things about myself I didn't know before. Bazillion crazy things happen in those relationships before the marriage, maybe that's for another writing, but those are lesson learned and really slapped the f- out of my hopelessly romantic ahh. I guess it's an inevitable thing about becoming an adult, yeah? Learning that love is merely just a floating feeling, you need to know that this is reality, not some fairytale, and sometimes life will slap you once or twice, here and there. Another thing is, out of that accounting major I decided to take, I am now an external senior auditor in one of Big 4. Crazy, huh? To think that I would be entering my first real job at a Big 4, and now I'm a senior in another Big 4. Who really would have thought? Old me would went crazy, we were never big on being a career pursuer type of gal. And, no, I no longer really dwell on ice cream as much as the older me was (such a melancholy for preferring to eat ice cream even during rain). Now I'm all about salty & savory foods! I could eat only salty chips all week to survive on, but a gluten intolerance diagnose help saving me from impulsively shorten my life through that dream lifestyle. Who would have thought I am gluten intolerance, when all of my life I've been loving the f- out of breads and chips and noodles and all of those glutens. — The thought of opening up my vaulted blog post occurred as a 2 AM thoughts, on a Thursday dawn where I still have a work day ahead of me later. To be frank, I was in a little spiraling chain of thoughts and hoping writing it out will help. And now I've been going back and forth with this blog HTML code layout until 4.30 AM. I'm no longer feel an ounce of sleepiness through the thrill of updating this old vault of mine. Truthfully, I ransacked through the web to spurt out some of my thoughts here, hoping this is another form of journaling that will help ease my thoughts. I've been with the current company for less than a year, not yet even out of the probation period—they extended mine because I didn't get any client during my first 3 months here. Being a new employee in a new company is something really, to me at least. Adaptability is one of the skill I mention in my CV, but do I really have that? Sometimes I'm questioning myself about that. Though, I can confidently say I always try to, at least. But, one thing for sure, there is this one specific thing or person, dare I say, that I'd love to get to know more? Adding a question mark at the end because I'm not sure myself (I'm still in denial that I am even thinking and writing about this). This person, let's call it D, is a more expertise person in the field that I am currently deeply interested in. I knew about D just a few months before I was interviewed by D to join the company. During my rumination period of existential crisis about how I will be wasting the rest of my life being an auditor, I found this field that provides a media for me to contribute back to society while still being able to apply my accounting degree in my work field. Somewhere between that period, I found out about a seminar held in one of the top national university, which D was invited to be a speaker in. That was my first acknowledgement of the existence of D. © ethernal summer.
|